Re: policy routing performance

From: Oded Comay (comay@post.tau.ac.il)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 14:41:31 EST

If memory serves me right, the first set of tests were not using "ip
flow-cache feature-accelerate". The 2nd set (which reached 45K PPS for
minimal sized packets) did use this, and performamnce indeed accelerated.
You need also to note that some effort was invested in distributing the
load between several CPUs on each router (the main RSP4 and two VIPs). At
45K PPS and an average packet size of 500 bytes, you are in the OC3 ball
park.

Oded.