Re: [nsp] CAR bug

From: Edward Henigin (ed@staff.texas.net)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 12:54:02 EST

        Were you running CEF by chance?

        If I had been in your shoes, I would have suspected CEF,
and done a 'clear adjacency'. Whenever I see strange network issues
that seem to follow specific hosts or subnets, I have in the past
suspected CEF and have turned out to be right about 90% of the
time.

        I wonder if what you guys are seeing is maybe a CAR + CEF
interaction issue?

        Just a thought.

        Ed

--
On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 10:40:13AM -0600, c.spurgeon@mail.utexas.edu said:

[...]

> Attempts to rate limit ICMP at our site using CAR in a 7513 with > vip2/50s and 11.1(n)CC code came to an end the day that router > apparently started blocking all ICMP to certain subnets on the campus.

[...]