Re: [nsp] OSPF stub areas

From: Félix Izquierdo (hostmaster@datagrama.net)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 14:09:10 EST

Vinny India wrote:

> I have several routers on my network with 8 megs of memory or less, they
> only have one link to the backbone. So there is no need to have them get a
> full ospf routing table. So I decided to configure a stub area, and found
> that I was unable to redistribute connected and statics from a stub router.
> Is there a work around? any suggestions? Or do I have to just run seperate
> area under seperate procees in order to do the filtering I'm looking for.
> Any sample configs from someone doing this would be great.

I suppose that it's a clear protocol violation, but another option in 12.0T is
to configure "ip ospf database-filter all out" on the backbone router interface.
An interface configured so, works like a passive interface in rip/igrp: it runs
hello and then it accepts lsa's in input, but all the database is filtered in
output. Stub routers can be in backbone area, but you'll need static default
routing in they.

Félix

DATAGRAMA SERVICIOS GLOBALES IP
C/ Acer 30 Pho: +34 93 223 00 98
08038 Barcelona ( SPAIN ) Fax: +34 93 223 12 66
mailto:fizquierdo@datagrama.net http://www.datagrama.net