Re: [nsp] bridging questions

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 01:44:54 EDT

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 11:12:45PM -0400, jlewis@lewis.org wrote:

> Now for the tricky question. All the examples I've seen of briding over
> WAN interfaces have a 1:1 mapping of bridge groups to WAN interfaces...or
> in one case, multiple WAN interfaces for load sharing associated with a
> single bridge group. Is there any way to bridge multiple ethernets over a
> single WAN link (or even better, over 1 or more load sharing WAN links)?
>
> i.e.
>
> 10.0.0.0/24--e0--|------| |------|--e0--10.0.0.0/24
> | | one or more | |
> 10.0.1.0/24--e1--| 3640 |==============| 3640 |--e1--10.0.1.0/24
> | | T1's | |
> 10.0.2.0/24--e3--|------| |------|--e3--10.0.2.0/24

int s0/0.1
bridge-group 1
int s0/0.2
bridge-group 2
etc.

If you want to do load sharing, you'll have to run some sort of IGP that does
it. I'm not sure about bridging, though - you *may* need to have this bridged
traffic encapsulated into IP to take advantage of load sharing (bridging
would think of multiple paths as redundant and block all but one to ensure
loop-free topology).

SY,

--
   CCNP,CCDP (R&S)                                   Dmitri E. Kalintsev
   CDPlayer@irc            Senior network engineer at NetActive Internet