Re: [nsp] IOS 12.0 Returns Garbage ifIndex's

From: Petri Helenius (pete@kpnqwest.fi)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 14:29:28 EDT

"Martin, Christian" wrote:

> Has anyone been able to counteract the crazy interface data that comes back
> in IOS 12.0. I get all the physical and configured logical ifIndex stuff,
> but then I get all these if-cef-layer and aal5-layer interfaces as well.
> These are usesless to me at this point, unless I start using the CEF MIB. I
> really don't need it now. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

No. Cisco implemented these when they thought they were doing a service to customers
and misreading the RFC's. The actual thing most people were asking for was subinterface
support but instead we got all this useless junk. So as long as you are stuck with
Cisco boxes, you are stuck with this junk.

Pete