[nsp] Dear Santa^H^H^H^H^HCisco, I've been a good boy this year...

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 05:20:05 EDT

There is one feature that I'd give a lot to have: policy routing based on the
source AS of the *packet*. In other words, I'd like to be able to write
something like this:

int ser x/y/z
ip policy route-map xyz

route-map xyz perm 10
 match ip source-as 10
 set ip next-hop ser a/b/c.1
route-map xyz perm 20
 match ip source-as 20
 set ip next-hop set a/b/c.2

ip as-path access-list 10 perm ^1000_

ip as-path access-list 20 perm ^2000_

And this would work like so:

packet comes into the interface ser x/y/z and it's source ip address is
compared with a <table> that tells us if it matches any of the networks that
belong to a certain AS number, as seen in our local BGP table, and then
policy-routed based on the match.

The other really cool thing I'd adore to see is the ability to use named
access lists in "traffic-shape group" interface command..

Any indications on the possibility of doing this some other way or if dear
Cisco would be interested in implementing this?

Thanks!

--
   CCNP,CCDP (R&S)                                   Dmitri E. Kalintsev
   CDPlayer@irc            Senior network engineer at NetActive Internet