Scramble or not to scramble

From: Ramin K (kashani@enteract.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 19:37:38 EDT

        I've got a provider who said they usually don't do scramble on DS3's. I
was under the impression that turning on scramble was a good thing in most
cases. Now of course I can't remember why I came to this conclusion. The
only reference I found was it keeps your DSU from reporting erroneous errors.
        For some reason I thought it made some DoS attack against the interfaces
harder. Am I just on crack?

Ramin K
Netzero Inc.