[nsp] RF to fiber and back converters

From: Basil Dolmatov (dol@lightcom.ru)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 05:25:09 EDT

Hello!

I am trying to design provisioning of Internet over cable network.
Seems that most optimal design in my case will be the placement uBR
in central point of network and transmit RF signals of downstream and
upstream channels to the point of multiplexing with cable video over
existing fiber.

I have seen on grafs in CIsco docs, some box called "rf to fiber converter",
but cannot even guess, who make these boxes, how they called on market,
and what are issues I can meet when trying to implement this transit.

Anyone, who has this experience, please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Basil (Vasily) Dolmatov, CCIE #5347, CCNP-Security, CCDA
LightCom Corp. http://www.lightcom.ru