Re: [nsp] Cisco 7507 performance

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 06:17:28 EDT

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 10:49:02AM -0500, Hyunseog Ryu wrote:
> Hi, folks
>
> I'm curious about Cisco 7507 performance.
> If I use 4 OC3 interfaces and one Gigabit Ethernet Interface in one Cisco
> 7507,
> is there no problem?
> Is there anybody who had this kind of experience?
> Please let me know the performance of this combination.

For this configuration buy a GSR instead, it will make you much more
happy, and is probably not more expensive than

1* 7507
4* VIP4-80
4* PA-POS-OC3SMI
1* GEIP

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: Geek            @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.