Re: [nsp] Limitations on numbers of GEIP in 7500 & IOS recommendation

From: Alex Bligh (amb@gxn.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 16:31:24 EDT

roliver@chello.com said:
> Has anyone tried successfully run a 7500 with more than 1 GEIP?

No less successfully than with one GEIP

> As anyone any advise on a stable IOS that works with GEIP?

Please tell us if/when you find one :-( I am under the strong
impression no such beast exists. You will also find an intricate
maze of different GEIPs, software revisions, and hardware revisions
most of which appear not to work correctly with eachother in
some manner.

I recommend you give up, and (if you are sticking with Cisco),
move to 12000, and get the *new* Gigabit line cards with ECC
RAM. Then make sure you do not have the far-eastern manufactured
GBIC's (can't remember the manufacturer). Then align your chassis
with the astral firmament, and read a hex fump of your IOS backwards,
and it might work.

--
Alex Bligh
VP Core Network, Concentric Network Corporation