Re: [nsp] BGP Multihome

From: Brian (signal@shreve.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 19:16:42 EDT

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 OZhang@tsibroadband.net wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We have a customer who wants to do BGP multihome but does not want to
> go through the hassle of applying their AS number. We are not
> comfortable to have their routers sitting in our AS since we will be liable
> for their problems if we do so. Has anyone come across this problem.
> If so, how do you resolved it ?

Too me, this is ludicrous. A customer doesn't want to fill out a small
form and mail it to arin.net, just a few simple questions, in order to
receive an AS number? I mean, I agree, dealing with ARIN is a PITA, but
getting an AS number is pretty simple, certainly alot easier than getting
an allocation.

Brian

> -Ou Zhang

Brian Feeny, CCNA, CCDA signal@shreve.net