Re: [nsp] Bridging DSL to 7206

From: Mark E. Mallett (mem@mv.mv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 17:27:52 EDT

> > bridge 20 subscriber-policy 20
>
> You don't show your subscriber-policy. Here's what we use:
>

> subscriber-policy 1
> multicast deny

I've tried pretty much all combinations ... including not referencing
a subscriber policy at all. At the moment it's at
{arp,broadcast,multicast,unknown} permit
{cdp,stp} deny

> Perhaps you are blocking ARP flooding?

Not via the subscriber policy at least. Did you mean via some other
mechanism?

> You might want to check out a feature called Routed Bridged Encapsulation.
> It's currently only available on the 6400, but I've been promised that it
> will appear on an upcoming 12.1 T train.

12.1.2(T) according to http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/7200faq.html

But I'm thinking that the bridged IP ought to work.
Especially since I've been told that there are other customers of
this CLEC who have it working on a 7206.

Thanks,
mm