[nsp] [nsp] AS5300 and NFAS

From: Todd Gorman (tgorman@lucent.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 17:05:21 EDT

We are having major issues with an AS5300, running 12.1(4.0.1) T, pw
2.7.2.0. It is fed by multiple PRI's provisioned for NFAS. The users have
been receiving intermittent fast-busies while trying to connect. Connection
success rates are between 70-80%. Once connected, everything is relatively
stable.

We have worked for weeks with Cisco and Sprint to resolve the problems. We
have swapped routers, upgraded and downgraded IOS and portware, ran BERT
tests, etc to no avail. Cisco says this is a bug, and has somewhat taken
responsibility. However they have not given us a resolution.

We have an identical AS5300, with an identical config, with PRI NFAS set up
in another data center, and it works fine. Anyone have any similar
experiences, advice, etc? Is this really a bug, a service provider problem,
or combination of the two? Thank you in advance!!

Todd Gorman