RE: [nsp] [nsp] Cisco 7507 Last 5 minute OID or MIB set

From: Martin, Christian (cmartin@gnilink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 07:55:25 EDT

Note that the n minute 'average' on a Cisco is a weighted, exponentially
decaying value. Cisco takes a 5 second sample, weights it based on the load
interval, sums the samples, and divides by the load-interval. Thus, the 30
second input rate is a weighted average of the last, say 10, 30 second input
rates, with the most current 30 seconds (6 samples) weighted heaviest.

./chris