RE: [nsp] GSR/Cat Gig-e problem

From: Johnson, Michael (michael.johnson@digex.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 09:06:41 EDT

To all,

There is also a problem with some GBICs, the bad GBICs can be identified by
checking date codes on the face of the GBICs.

This is the sanctioned procedure for checking GBIC date codes:

  The batch of SX GBICs with the hardware resolution can be identified by
  manufacturer date code on the label. On Cisco part
  number 30-0759-01, components with manufacturer
  date codes below 9940 are susceptible to failure. Components with
  manufacturer date codes at or above 9941 are known
  good parts. The GBIC must be removed from the card to check for this
  information.

mike j