RE: MPLS based VPN's & NetFlow

From: Scott Morris (smorris@mentortech.com)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 21:49:56 EDT

Good question! :)

While I don't have a definite answer for you, my best answer would be that
your analyzing/mediating software would sort on AS/Community numbers, in
which case you could culminate your netflow information across the network.

As you may be aware, through IOS 12.1, some big enhancements to netflow have
been coming through. Perhaps the most important one (12.0(5) I believe) was
the support of sub-interfaces, which makes life MUCH easier...

In any event, sorting/analyzing on the BGP community/AS value should give
you all the "full" VPN netflow information that you need.

Warning: I am NOT a netflow expert! :)

Scott