Re: [nsp] Can't change IP address on 1601

From: Brian Wallingford (brian@meganet.net)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 15:13:16 EDT

ip classless

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Eric Bloom wrote:

: I wonder if someone can help me. I'm trying to change the IP address on the e0 interface of a 1601 router and when I enter the commands, I get a message telling me that the netmask is invalid. The current IP is a public IP using a /24 mask and I want to change to a private (10.0.0.something) class C IP and mask. I was able to make the change on one of the routers but the second box won't take the change but tells me that the mask (and in the error message it says /24 mask) is invalid for the IP address. The specific command I tried is:
:
: IP address 10.0.0.221 255.255.255.0