RE: [nsp] REG: MPLS VPN route exchange

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 09:16:18 EDT

Hi,

Thanks once again for the help, Regarding the Internet connectivity part,
Let me put down an assumption.

Assume a customer needs corporate Intranet VPN services around the globe
within his enterprise, & he is using an private IP address space such as
"192.168.x.x", Now If he also needs Internet access, for which he would
also want to avail some kind of hosting for which he would require a Valid
IP address space, Now assume he is alloted something like "202.54.7.0". He
would typically start using this address also for all his servers that
need to be on the Internet. In such as case NAT will not help, How would I
provision Internet routes ie how will the VRF table be populated.

On the Dial-up front, I have heard that Dial-up can be used as an access
mechanism to an MPLS network. Assume a corporate user part of an Intranet
VPN on my MPLS network, needs mobile dial-up access, Using L2TP will
result in Tunnel creation / management. Is there any way wherein, MPLS can
be used.

Kindly advice

With warm regards,
Vinod.