Re: [nsp] 7206 HSSI interface resets

From: Kevin Gannon (kevin@gannons.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 14:22:08 EDT

My advice would be to speak to a duty manager and explain the impact that
it is having. Ask the CRC to put you through to the duty manager and tell
them you want to speak to the duty manager or at the very least the lead
engineer for the product range. The DE's should at the very least be able
to dialin and have a look. Your mileage with the above avenues may vary
depending on your support contract.

Or get you local SE involved.

Regards,
Kevin

> I have a similar problem, again with the 7200 series.
> However, it seems to only exhibit itself on the 7200 VXR, NPE200,
> series... so far TAC seems at a loss.
>
> OC3 A3-MM cards, and 7204 VXR's don't seem to get along.
>
> UIt exhibits a wedged OC3 Interface, at random intervals...
>
> TAC can offer no safe avenue of code.
>
> Anyone have anything limping along ?
>
> Tried to date:
>
> 12.0.3T (As distributed)
> 12.0.7T
> 12.0.9S,
> 12.0.9 (As per TAC, doens't even support the controller)
> 12.0.13 (Same as above)
> 12.0.13S (Limping along, wedging every 12-13 hours, or so.
>
> This system is stripped down, and static routing. I have similar
> builds on 06's, and am not experiencing this type of issue.
>
> Suggestions ?
>

> hudson wrote:
> >
> > Karyn,
> >
> > please take a look at the engineering revision of the bus map scheme for
> > the hssi controllers,,,look @ the tac pages on cisco.com -
> > had same sort of problem not long ago and remember there being some
> > mention of a race condition and/or loop that occurs at times...
> >
> > cant remember exact scenarion, but this sounds familiar, worth a sort
anyway...

> > piranha-2...
> >
> > Karyn Ulriksen wrote:
> >
> > > Steven,
> > >
> > > Had this exact scenario occuring on a 7010 a couple years back.
Sorry,
> > > we never did reach resolution on the issue, just jumped to another
router.

> > > BUT, I do have a theory and wondered if you could indulge me with a
brief
> > > on your topology (you might want to send this off list to
> > > kulriksen@sitestream.net). If you're topology is similar to what I
was
> > > using at the time, I may have an answer for you.
> > >
> > > Karyn

ATM

Administrator