PA-MC-T3 and Ferrite beads

From: Charles Sprickman (spork@inch.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 18:15:09 EST

Hello All,

I just bought a used PA-MC-T3 and while looking at the online manual, I
came across this:

"You must install a ferrite sleeve (also called a common-mode choke) on
each 75-ohm coaxial cable to reduce the effects of electromagnetic
interference (EMI). (Cisco Systems supplies two ferrite sleeves with your
PA-MC-T3, one for each of the two 75-ohm coaxial cables.)"

I've not seen this on our other cards (PA-T3, PA-CT3/4T1, PA-A3), which
were all purchased new, and looking around the colo, I don't see anyone
else with the ferrite filters on any T3 lines...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Charles