soft-reconfiguration inbound question

From: Ramin K (mr_list@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 21:18:43 EST

        I just got off the phone with one of our peers. They had a route map that
was eating some of our announcements. In the course of troubleshooting the
tech could not do a sho ip bgp nei xxxx received-routes to look at the
routes before they were processed by a route-map or filter.

gw13#sho ip bgp neigh xxx.x.xx.x received-routes
% Inbound soft reconfiguration not enabled

Is there any reason to not configure soft-reconfig on a BGP session?

Ramin