[nsp] Oversubscribed 7206VXR backplane with PA-GEs ?

From: Lyndon Levesley (lyn8don@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 11:14:37 EST

Hello all,

[ I am aware that this is an "unsupported configuration" and that it
will decidedly oversubscribe the backplane(s) but... ]

...has anyone had any experience of whether or not I can plug 4 PA-GE
cards into a single 7206 (VXR, 300) and have the router actually work
? I am not concerned about the suboptimal performance but am
concerned that it will actually work (and what may happen to the
pther PAs if, e.g., one port gets hammered for a while) and what
potentially nasty issues doing this may raise etc.

Many thanks,

L.

=====

--
"If you give up smoking, drinking and sex you may not
actually live longer...it may just feel that way."