Re: does GSR support PE

From: Eric Osborne (eosborne@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 18:37:27 EST

> Hi,
> If one use that release (12.0(10)ST) as a PE router, and I have a core LSR
> running LDP, can the GSR router use LDP? Or it is still using TDP?

12.0(10)ST, if you have it, runs LDP. But if you have it, you
probably knew that already. :)

A cisco router which speaks LDP can also speak TDP. So yes, if you
have some boxes running TDP and some running LDP, you can interoperate
by configuing one, or the other, or both, on a per-inteface basis:

gsr11(config-if)#mpls label protocol ?
  both Use LDP or TDP (Adapt to peer on multiaccess interface)
  ldp Use LDP
  tdp Use TDP (default)

If you configure 'mpls label protocol both', the bias is towards LDP.

Until you get 12.0(10)ST or 12.2(x)T (where x is probably 1 or 2), you
can't run LDP at all.

eric