Re: [nsp] 7204 FTP Performance

From: Rafi Sadowsky (rafi@meron.openu.ac.il)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 13:41:45 EST

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Paul Williams wrote:

> Any ideas as to why i can only get 40 - 60 Kb/sec thru my 7204 routers with
> 5 x 2 Meg connections on them? I have never played with these routers
> before and would like as much as possible.

 Off the top of my head:
( you will probably get better advice if you give some more info
 on your equipment and the lines connecting them .... )

 Are you load balancing the 5 links ? how ?

 What OS/version is running on your test machines ?

 What interface(s) are you connecting to the 7204 ?

 Are you running any "high-touch" stuff on the routers
(though lack of CPU is probably not the problem)

 What is RTT latency between the 2 routers ?

 Do any of the E1 interfaces have a high BER or packet loss ?
loss

 Have you tried tuning TCP window size& MTU on the test machine ?

 What protocol are you running over the the 5 E1 ?