RE: [nsp] REG: BGP Attributes

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 04:10:31 EST

Dear Paul,

Thanks a lot for the advice, One thing is still unclear in regard to the
Local preference.

Assuming I have two circuits to the NAP, One ciruit originating from my
border router in Virginia, & the other from another border router in
california, Also stating that both the border routers of mine are connected
using IBGP internally. Now if I set a local preference for a particular
prefix to say 200 on both my border routers, Will some sort of load
balancing happen, or else will traffic originating from Virginia exit using
the Virginia border router, & vice versa wherein the internal IGP costs are
calculated while traffic exits.

Can I set local preferences between IBGP Peers? Defining it at transit
routers that are not directly connected to external peers.

Kindly advice

With warm regards,
Vinod.