Re: [nsp] BGP in 6509

From: Marc Williams (mw@uk.yahoo-inc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 12:21:16 EST

RE: [nsp] BGP in 6509It should work ok.

Dont run soft reconfig-inbound, Make sure you and your service-provider
run an IOS release that supports route-refresh capability.

I dont recommend running maximum-paths either. (It causes CEF to use more memory)

It's the initial full route table and CEF entries that eat the memory,
Not the additional number of peers/transits you have in my experience.

--
Marc

----- Original Message ----- From: Greene, Patrick To: 'Martin Picard' ; cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 5:09 PM Subject: RE: [nsp] BGP in 6509

We have some clients running redundant 6509's with redundant Sup's/MSFC's each with 128MB and it runs like a dream. I would recommenc the MSFC-II however because it is upgradeable to 256MB and a faster processor.

Thanks, Patrick Greene

-----Original Message----- From: Martin Picard [mailto:mpicard@sinc.ca] Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 9:42 AM To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net Subject: [nsp] BGP in 6509

Hi,

Is anybody running BGP in the MSFC of the 65xx with full Internet routes ? How many peers can we expect to put on ? What's the performance like ? Thanks Martin