Re: Sending all BGP paths to a neighbor, not just best

From: Alfredo Sola (alfredo@intelideas.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 09:19:09 EST

> Is there a BGP option to send a neighbor all paths per route, not just the
> best?

> I'm setting up a zebra machine for some analysis work and I'd like to have
> all the paths.

        This can be done using VRFs. It is very memory intensive though, depending on
the number of peers you have, because each peer will need its own VRF which
will hold not only the BGP table learnt from the peer, but also its own
routing table and its own CEF table. That is almost 70 Mb for a current view
of the Internet per VRF.

--
Alfredo Sola
Administrador del sistema

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail /\ - against ms attachments