Re: Sending all BGP paths to a neighbor, not just best

From: Alfredo Sola (alfredo@intelideas.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 10:05:58 EST

        Hi Sean,

> Could I please request a pointer to any documentation
> on this "VRF" feature/configuration?

> The only context that I am used to seeing this term
> is in MPLS-VPNs (and related CarrierOfCarrier)
> contexts ...

        That's it. VRFs seem to be originally born for use in MPLS VPNs; maybe
someone else can confirm this.

        Note that before using VRFs for your analysis needs, you need to consider at
least that: (a) VRFs are useful for other things so you may want to look
closely at the new possibilities, and (b) they can complicate your life quite
a bit, as would be actually going to MPLS.