Need some comptetive analysis between a Nortel Passport 15000 and Cisco 7500

From: Greene, Patrick (PJGreene@infotechent.net)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 15:36:19 EST

I need some analysis as to why a client of mine should use a couple Cisco
7500 over a Nortel Passport 15000 for Layer 3 and BGP routing. Any and all
feedback is welcome. Everything I know of the Passport makes it a great
Layer 2 device but not high end Layer 3. I have also heard that Nortel is
teaming with Juniper for trying to win high-end Layer-3 engagements.

Thanks,
Patrick Greene