Re: [nsp] iMUX dedicated pipe

From: Philip Smith (pfs@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 03:47:32 EST

At 21:39 14/02/2001 -0500, Basa, Angelito A. wrote:
>Hi!
>
>we're using an iMUX to bundle together several E1s on one of our US links.
>does anyone know if it's possible to dedicate a certain pipe i.e. 1 E1 for
>a certain customer maybe based on customer AS or network number?
>would it be possible to implement using CAR? how?

How about unbundling one of the E1s from the iMUX and plugging it directly
into the router instead? And then you can policy route the customer's
traffic onto the dedicated circuit quite easily.

This is if I read you correctly and you want to dedicate the E1 to the
customer. If you want to guarantee E1 bandwidth to the customer, and use
any spare capacity they are not using for the rest of your customers, CAR
would be the way to do it (basically by setting a limit on the throughput
for a certain destination address range - your customer's).

>It's like having their own direct link to the US. This would be preferred
>than using a leased line and terminate it to our border router in San
>Francisco.
>
>thanks,
>
>Tito

philip