[nsp] TACACS+ Software...

From: Elijah Kagan (elijah@netvision.net.il)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 12:13:19 EST

Dear Everyone,

Here is a problem. I need to do command accounting, that is, when a user
types 'show running' I'd like to have that recorded in a file or a
database. According to Cisco this cannot be achieved by their RADIUS
client and the only option is TACACS+.

After spending a couple of hours searching the web for a commercial TACACS+
server I gave up. It seems like there are only two options available:
CiscoSecure and Cisco Tacacs Development Kit. The former is a very ugly
piece of software and the later lacks some fundamental features and to
become really usable needs to be patched extensively.

Does anyone know about a nice TACACS+ server (for UNIX, of course) for me
to use?

Thanks,

Elijah Kagan