Re: [nsp] memory?

From: Abe Martey (amartey@cisco.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 16:07:54 EST

Jared,

256M should be enough for most applications today! Cisco is
working
on a solution to address near future need for more GRP memory.
Do you
have a need for more than 256M ASAP? If yes, could you please
elaborate
on the need? How many routes, how many bgp peers. What's your
memory
usage today (sh mem sum, show bgp sum). What do you anticipate
your
memory needs to be within 90 days? Any one else who feels really
tight
with 256MB GRP DRAM today, please feel free to respond also. You
can
email me directly. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

- abe