Re: [nsp] Cache engine - L2TP Virtual interfaces

From: Lincoln Dale (ltd@cisco.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 23:31:52 EST

At 12:24 PM 26/02/2001 +0800, Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:
>Hi,
>Related question - does WCCP work properly for Virtual interfaces over L2TP?
>Do I put the wccp commands in the template?

good question - i've never tried it, so can't comment on whether it'll work
or not.
perhaps someone else from cisco can comment (if they've tried it).

BUT, even if it did work, is it something that you'd *really* WANT to do?
many folk use L2TP for non-internet traffic - and redirecting flows may
break this.
it also doesn't make that much sense when you think who has to provide the
ingress bandwidth in the event of a cache-miss ...

cheers,

lincoln.