Re: [nsp] tftp oddity

From: Rick Burts (burts@mentortech.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 07:24:37 EST

Joe

The main time I have seen this type of behavior is when the router
config contains the "service config" command. There are a few other
circumstances where the router invokes tftp (like sending a dump
file to a server, but I have not seen the router repeatedly and
spontaneously do that). It might be behelpful to know what file
name is referenced when the router attempts the tftp. Or perhaps
a sanitized copy of your config might help find a solution.

Rick

Rick Burts, CCSI CCIE 4615 burts@mentortech.com
Mentor Technologies 240-568-6500 ext 6652
133 National Business Parkway 240-568-6515 fax
Annapolis Junction, Md 20701

Chesapeake Network Solutions has now become Mentor Technologies.
Mentor Technologies is a certified Cisco Training Partner and also
a Cisco Professional Services partner.
We offer most of the Cisco training courses.
We also offer training in Checkpoint Firewall software and
Fore Systems (now Marconi) and MicroMuse.
We also provide network consulting services including
design, management, and problem solving.
We have 22 CCIEs on our staff.
We offer the breakthrough VLAB remote access technology for
access to pratice configuration on real equipment.