[nsp] REG: OSPF Route filtering.

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 07:18:18 EST

Dear All,

In an OSPF network deployed within a single area, If I configure two core
routers, to originate default routes only when their upstream links are
active, & can I define one set of OSPF routers to recieve the default
route update from one core router, & another set of OSPF routers to
recieve the announcement from another core router, & finally another set
of OSPF routers not to recieve or probably ignore the announcement?.

Sorry If I sound ignorant, But Can I could use the "distribute-list in"
command under the OSPF process used in conjuction with extended IP
access-lists as given below in one of the routers which need to recieve
the update from a particular core router. Or else could I only use
distribute-lists with only standard acess-lists.

hostname xyz
access-list 101 permit ip host core-1) 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0(the def route)
access-list 101 deny ip any any
router ospf 1
network x.z.a.b
distribute-list 101 in