Re: [nsp] REG: OSPF Route filtering.

From: Dan Debertin (airboss@bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 12:21:41 EST

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

> You can't really filter routes within OSPF. Why not just
> try it and see what happens. You can tweak the costs as needed to
> prevent traffic from going the wrong way, but this might work the
> way you want it to out of the box. Plus, that way, you retain a
> working default if one connection goes down.

This is actually something that has always puzzled me. Why is it not
possible to apply route filters as one can with other routing protocols?
Cisco explains here that it isn't possible, but doesn't go into a lot of
detail:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/104/9.html#Q9

Dan Debertin

--
++ Unix is the worst operating system, except for all others.

++ Dan Debertin ++ Senior Systems Administrator ++ Bitstream Underground, LLC ++ airboss@bitstream.net ++ (612)321-9290 x108 ++ GPG Fingerprint: 0BC5 F4D6 649F D0C8 D1A7 CAE4 BEF4 0A5C 300D 2387