Re: [nsp] dot1q/isl "encapsulation failed"

From: Mikael Abrahamsson (swmike@swm.pp.se)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 23:31:56 EST

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, George Robbins wrote:

> What hardware? We've got about 70 vlans on one Gig-E linecard and it
> works fine, though there's a tendency to crash whenever you go to add
> another one. 12.0.15S might have a fix, hard to tell.

We're seeing a strangeness with a setup like you, when traceroute:ing thru
the GSR it often uses the IP address of the highest number VLAN (or it
might be the lowest IP number of the GSR, I can't tell) on that GE port
when going thru the switch, not the actual IP interface that is logically
closest routingwise. The weird part is that sometimes it uses another
interface.

Anyone have any ideas? This problem has stayed with us thru several
versions, currently we're on 12.0.14S1.

BTW, anyone know why the 3 port GE card only supports an MTU of 2450, when
the PA-GE supports 4470 and the single port GSR GE card supports 9100?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se