Re: [nsp] BGP Announcement Question

From: Brian Wallingford (brian@meganet.net)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 10:24:19 EST

BGP (or any other dynamic routing protocol) won't withdraw an announcement
unless it doesn't know where to send traffic for a given network. If
you're nailing down the routes via a static route to a loopback interface,
the router will always "think" it knows where the traffic for that network
should go, and will continue announcing the block.

hth,
brian