Re: Pushback?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 16:19:52 EDT

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 03:13:11PM -0500, Basil Kruglov wrote:
> http://www.cisco.com/public/cons/isp/documents/uRPF_Enhancement.pdf
>
> Placing this on inbounds could help drive away completely spoofed,
> random src attacks, I can add from my own expirience only <20% of the DoS
> traffic was going through to the dst, during real-life attacks.
>
> Placing this at edge where customers are would drive the spoofed traffic
> to null0, something that shouldn't be coming in in the first place.

I second this. This is something that really should be done on EVERY
interface pointing towards a single-homed customer.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de