Re: [nsp] Memory And BGP

From: Philip Smith (pfs@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 13:05:55 EDT

Depends...

If you are very prudent with what you accept from your two upstreams, a
standard 2621 will work just nicely. By prudent I mean accepting default
route from one upstream and default+partial table from the other. Will
require inbound prefix filtering to manage your outbound traffic
loadbalancing, but this works very nicely.

If you want the full routing table from both ISPs to load balance, you will
need 128Mbytes. However, contrary to popular opinion, there is rarely any
need to take the full routing table to multihome.

philip

--

At 04:39 04/04/2001 -0400, Tejal Shah wrote: >Dear friens and Gurus, > > Pl. tell me that if i done BGP with two provider >how much Memory does router need. > > Right now i have cisco 2621 with IOS 12.0 > >thanks in advance >Tejal