Re: Private VLANs on Cat 4000?

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 18:27:15 EDT

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 10:15:54AM -0400, Bill Carter wrote:
> Does the Catalyst 4000 with a Layer 3 card support Private VLAN's?? If
> not, when will it??

1. Not yet. It does support pVLANs, but does not support community VLANs
just yet. So an answer is "yes, partially". ;)

2. Cisco said, "it will be implemented in a couple of months' time".

Note that there is NO support for community vlans planned for 3500 series.

We have our own interest in this, so we'll probably be pushing them to do it
sooner rather than later.

SY,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au