Re: [nsp] OOB modem config

From: Stephen Gill (gillsr99@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 17:36:19 EDT

According to Cisco:
 Here is the configuraton that you need for your aux
port configuration.

line aux 0
modem inout
transport input all
flowcontrol hardware
speed 115200

Make sure that you're dip switches on the USR modem
are 3 8 down and the rest are up.
Due to the aux port in the 7000 serie routes, you will
need to purchase a regular modem cable from Radio
shack to make it work. Do not use the cisco wire for
it will not work because that adapter wired the DCD to
the DSR and the port on the router is expecting a DCD.
So with that cable you reverse telnet fine but PPP
will not come up due to the fact that it never sees
the DCD of the line.

I tried this on a 7206 AUX port and it worked well w/
a USR sportster 56k.

-- steve