RE: [nsp] Frame Relay OSPF Design

From: Pegg Damon (Damon.Pegg@Carrier1.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 06:31:12 EDT

As far as the OSPF goes, you shouldn't have too many problems. OSPF will
easily scale in terms of your area 0 mesh providing that:

The WAN links are stable
The routing table is aggregated/summarised effectively and thus routing
tables kept compact.
        (cpu and memory are an issue with OSPF when flooding is increased
more than simple complexity of spf calculations)

I have seen problems in large ISP environments with this kind of
configuration, but on less stable protocols (i.e. eigrp; yugh!)

damon.