[nsp] XML interface ?

From: MUSGRAVE,TONY (HP-USA,ex1) (tony_musgrave@hp.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 12:24:01 EDT

Hi, everyone.

I've been told that Cisco routers offer an XML interface. I'm not certain
what this "interface" is exactly. For example, would the router send XML
records out through a socket, a la NetFlow datagrams ? Or would the router
actually generate and store XML data locally which can then be retrieved
somehow by another computer ?

And would this XML interface be a possible alternative to SNMP GET queries
which collect interface specific variables such as ifInOctets, ifOutOctets,
and ifAlias at 5 minute intervals ?

Thanks,
Tony Musgrave