[nsp] vlan trunking and runts

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 01:43:08 EDT

I've configured dot1q vlan trunking following the examples at
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/50.shtml using a 2924xl running
c2900XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5.2-XU.bin and a 3640 (NM-1FE2W) running
c3640-is-mz.122-1.bin. The config seems to work (I've got 4 vlans
configured, 3 are actively being used, the 4th hasn't been turned up yet),
but on the trunk port of the switch, I'm constantly receiving runt
packets, and it's showing the port reliability at somewhat less than
255/255.

I've tried letting the switch port and router port autonegotiate and have
tried forcing each to 100/FD with no affect. I've also replaced the
ethernet patch cable (twice). Are there known software issues with these
versions and 802.1Q?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |