RE: pVLANs question (cross-customer connectivity problem)

From: Desmarais, Jonathan (JDesmarais@colt-telecom.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 11:29:07 EDT

The correct solution is to add a static route to the local network through
the participating router, to all customer systems on the pVLAN. And on that
router control the level of access to the customer with the "popular
databse".

Sort of fooling the customers systems into sending local traffic to the
router first.

Regards
Jon..

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.