Re: [nsp] release notes for 12.2(2)T?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 18:47:13 EDT

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 03:40:26PM -0700, Bill Woodcock wrote:
> > I could turn around the question: why is Cisco still happily
> > selling... 2500s?
>
> You have a Cisco rep? Go ahead and call them and try to order a 2500.
> If they take an order for a 2500, I'll publicly apologize with all due
> humility. But they won't. They'll tell you that you have to buy a
> current unit instead.

While I can't call my rep now (it's 40 minutes past midnight here), I
*can* check into the electronic price list of one of our distributors
(www.router.de). And voila, the 2503 is still there, being listed with a
recommended end user price of about 3000 US$.

While I can't guarantee that they can really ship it, past experience has
shown that if it's in the web shop, they *can* ship it.

(Browsing around, I also found the 1000 in the list, but that one carries
a big label "isn't available anymore!" - which backs my assumption that
the 2503 is still being built & sold).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de