Re: Problem with 2500's

From: Brian (signal@shreve.net)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 22:33:22 EDT

do you mean 1 16MB DRAM module and 2 8MB Flash modules? 2500's have 2
flash banks and 1 dram bank. And to fully load one you would use
2 8MB Flash modules and 1 16MB DRAM module.

The DRAM should be parity.

Brian

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Marcelo M. Sosa Lugones wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Today i tried to upgrade 2 2500s (2501 and 2511) cause we have bought some
> memory and wanted to try IOS 12.2 (1 8mb flash and 2 16 dram modules), but
> when i put any 16mb dram module, the cisco sees it as 8mb dram module. I
> have tried in both ciscos with both modules, with no success. The memory is
> Kingston, i don't have the part number right now, but it was something very
> obviusly that it was a 16 megs. Also i looked at the chips and made a search
> on google and it seems to have 16megs, so i am thinking about a hardware
> failure... Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcelo

Brian Feeny e:signal@shreve.net
CCNP+Voice/ATM/Security p:318.222.2638x109
CCDP f:318.221.6612
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)