Re:RE: [nsp] GEIP vs. GEIP+

From: rkuhljr@uol.com.br
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 16:48:54 EDT

When a vendor tells you that something works, you should verify it... when even the vendor assumes that something doesn't work, run away as fast as you can. That's the case for POS cards on 7500... both Cisco and its competitors has better offers for POS conectivity.

GEIP+ runs ok on 7507, although we've only tested it on lab. We have lots of GEIP and VIP2-50 and they are useful in scenarios where 7507s are for us, thus making unlikely a meeting of GEIP+ and a 7507.

Rubens Kuhl Jr.

>>Rubens,
>
> I did read your previous post on the Cisco Puck list. Apparently, you
>were also putting together the POS-OC3/GEIP(+)/7507 combo. Are you running
>that now or did you throw in the towel on that?
>
> Karyn

---
UOL: o melhor da Internet.