Re: [nsp] Bulk config changes and experiences ?

From: Jared Mauch (jared@puck.nether.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 00:23:08 EDT

        I'm curious what you mean by that.

        What if you built a system that backended into some sort of
db (ldap, sql, flat text file, whatever) and generated
some (super or sub) set of your router config. Would you be willing
to generate your entire config yourself and use some tool to load it on
a router? (similar to conf load override on a juniper perhaps?)

        I enjoy the ability to make simple changes to my router configs
without going through some complicated db/sql process but when you
start talking about generating large acls from RADB for bgp sessions
the idea of giving a router a new config and saying "use it now"
sounds very appealing.

        Others?

        - jared